Unaltered Puppies & Kittens may only be adopted by people living in the greater Tulsa metropolitan area.
Complete and submit an Adoption Application for the pet you would like to adopt.
Meet the pet and consider information about the pet as a potential family member.
Participate in an Adoption Interview with one of our volunteers.
Rescued 'n Ready reviews your application, checks veterinary references, and may do a home visit.
Meet our adoptable pets
call Volunteer Amy(see pet descriptions)or the main RnRAF line, 918-365-2099 for info on our dogs & cats or a personal meet ‘n greet!
Adopters must be at least 21 years of age.
Adopters must live in the area of northeastern Oklahoma. Adopters of unaltered puppies and kittens must live in the greater Tulsa metropolitan area.
If more than one application is submitted for a pet, Rescued 'n Ready volunteers will do their best to match the pet with the family best suited to the pet's needs.
Renters must provide information regarding pet policies, including deposit amounts, plus landlord contact information. Proof of pet deposit payment is required before an adoption is finalized and pet is transitioned.
Adoption fees help cover veterinary expenses, boarding, food, and grooming if needed.
Veterinary expenses include fecal check/deworming, spay/neuter surgery, medical care as need, vaccinations, and negative feline leukemia/FIV test.
Adoption fees vary, so please check each cat's specific entry for adoption fee amount.
Adoption Fees for Cats
Adoption fees help cover veterinary expenses, boarding, grooming and food.
Veterinary expenses include fecal check/deworming, spay/neuter surgery, medical care as need, vaccinations,
negative heartworm test, heartworm preventative, and flea/tick prevention as needed.
Adoption fees vary, so please check each dog's specific entry for adoption fee amount.
Adoption Fees for Dogs
Applying to adopt one of our rescue animals is not a guarantee that you will adopt that animal. Please read the following important information:
We match the pet to the home to insure a good fit and lifetime commitment. Several volunteers participate in our screening process. We check veterinary records, speak with your personal references and talk to your landlord when applicable. When multiple applications are received, the best match for that pet is selected. We do not operate on a “first-apply-first-acquire” basis and we don’t do same-day adoptions. You may be contacted by one of our volunteers by e-mail to verify, clarify, or submit more information. A volunteer might also call you to ask additional questions about your application. Consult our website for additional information. www.RescuednReady@gmail.com
If you haven’t heard from any of our volunteers or received an e-mail from us by Thursday following your application date, call the RnRAF line and leave your name, contact number, and the name of the animal for which you applied at 918-365-2099.
An RnRAF volunteer will notify you if your application is approved and schedule the adoption.
Applying for an animal is not a guarantee that you will adopt that animal.
When You Have Been Approved to Adopt a Pet
Our adoption process is quick and easy. Just follow these steps:
· An RnR volunteer will set up the adoption for you at a convenient location.
· The adoption donation/fee ranges from $150 - $250 for dogs and $75 - $100 for cats, unless otherwise noted. You can pay the donation/fee with cash (the exact amount), check or money order (no credit or debit cards). This fee helps offset some of the expenses we have incurred for this animal. Dogs are spayed/neutered, fully vaccinated, heartworm tested, fecal exam performed and dewormed. Cats are spayed/neutered, fully vaccinated, fecal exam performed, dewormed and tested for FIV and feline leukemia. All puppies and kittens receive a total of 3 rounds of boosters.
· You will be given the medical history of the pet and Rabies tag.
· If your adopted pet becomes ill within the first 10 days of your ownership, call RnRAF at 918-365-2099 and leave a message about it along with your name and telephone number. We will contact you and make arrangements to have the pet seen by one of our partnering veterinarians. If the problem was pre-existing, RnRAF will pay for the medical treatment. If you take the pet to your own veterinarian, you will be responsible for the charges.
· In the event that you must return the pet to RnRAF, call us and we will make the arrangements as soon as we can find a place for it.